Gorge Road School

Parent Voices

Always proud to see Gorge Road students do well in external events.

All pupils know each other, and encourage each other to give new challenges a go. 

Typical country school –
 Great people, great environment.

Gorge Road has a strong family and community focus.

Polyfest 2017
Oamaru Camp 2017

Camp Columba 2018

Student Voices

Everyone's kind to new people.

I like all the sports equipment.

I like the open fields.

There are people that will take good care of you.

We like new people to come here.  

I have lots of good friends

Pet Day

Year 7/8 Leadership Course
Inter-School Soccer Tournament

Room Kakariki

The junio room with their new I Pads purchased with funding raised by Alex Payne our Spirit of a Nation ambassador in 2016 and the Gorge Road Golf Tournament Committee.

Gorge Road is a great place.  We are very lucky, because we don't have to live in town and have annoying problems - car noises, early wake-ups, too many streets, and all this other unpleasant stuff.  Gorge Road is not a big community, which is good, because it is easy to get around.  We have friendly neighbours and have huge paddocks to play in, which is great since we (probably) have motorbikes.

Gorge Road also has a school.  It is great, and has lots of friendly pupils and teachers.  The teachers are: Sonia Marshall (Room 1 teacher), Sharon Evans (Room 3 teacher), and Jenny Craig(Room 1 teacher and Principal).  We have about 40 children.  We also have some other people at the school:  Mr Trent (Caretaker), Ma (Cleaner), Mrs Sheree Keenan (Part time teacher) and Mrs Beck (Office Manager).  Our school is friendly, and we work well together.

We have children from other countries attending our school as well, such as:  the Philippines, Indonesia, and other countries.  I love my school, and I try as hard as I can to keep it tidy and to work really well.

By Ellie Smith

Hi, everyone!  Today, I show you how many students are in Gorge Road.  And if you would like to find more information, go to the Gorge Road facebook page.

There are around 40 students in the school, + 4 teachers.

Image result for students of gorge road school The whole school (some years ago)

By Alexine Rivas (Room 1)

Polyfest 2014, Gorge Road School. From left:  Cassidy, Madi, Joshua (moved to another School), and Ellie!  We are doing Polyfest again this year on the 21st August at the Southland Stadium - can't wait!